Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mookie's Helping, Too


I discovered that Brady's Smile will send get well posters along with their "comfort bags". The program is called Crayons n' Care, and they encourage kids of all ages to make a mini-poster for children in the ICU. (I don't believe these actually go with the blankets for babies in the NICU, but it's a question I will ask.)

As I make blankets in lieu of a gift, I'm thinking of asking the birthday boy/girl to make a mini-poster to send along with the blanket. Depending on the child's age and maturity level, I think it will help the child to connect a bit with the blanket and donation. What do you think?

I was hoping Mookie would color in the outlined letters (hah!), but when she wasn't interested in that, I just let her doodle, then gave her some stickers and let her go to town.

And to town she went! And back again! The girl loves her stickers. :o) (I didn't realize that sticker-love was a genetically inherited trait, but apparently it is!)

That's it for us - I'm hoping to get a few done this weekend...now, only if my 2 will cooperate and leave me to my sewing...

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh is Mookie a cutie! And what a sweetheart to help her mom help others!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?