Wednesday, April 4, 2012

{WiP} Wednesday ~ 13/52

I hope you saw the reveal of my Sea Glass quilt last week. If not, here's the link. Kelly posted about it on Wednesday afternoon, but I wanted to give it a full post of its own. :o)  I'm not sure what pleases me the most -- that she loves it, or that it's finished! :o)

The only other finishes I have this week are bee blocks, but 4 of them are Mod Mosaic blocks, and those....take.........time...  Whew!
IMG_8183


And I also made 4 little butterfly blocks for the {Faith} Circle of the do.Good Stitches Bee. Oh. My. Goodness! These are adorable!! (And fast!) I can't wait to see the finished quilt. :o)
{Faith} do.Good Stitches ~ March 2012

And I got a handful of receiving blankets made, but haven't made the matching burp cloths, yet. Maybe tomorrow. Or Friday. :)

As for the actual Works in Progress, I'm disgustingly behind with my Bee Happy bee blocks. :-(  Bad Bee Mama!! 

For February, Rosanna sent us red Asian fabrics, and asked us to make a pieced (not appliqued) heart. I've been stumped because of how I wanted to piece it in, but I think I've given up on that idea, and I'm just going to paper piece it.  Here are her fabrics:
Bee Happy Pieced Heart Fabric


For March, Natalie sent a large, and eclectic, mix of scraps to make a big bookshelf block. I have NO CLUE how I'm going to do this one! Maybe I need to sleep with the fabrics under my pillow so inspiration can come via osmosis.
Bookshelf Scraps


I've still got to make the car seat canopy! Ack! Best push that one to the top of the list. :)  And I've got some more thread tails to bury on the Harrison quilts.

And, finally. Juice. He's still a {WiP}. I had an ultrasound yesterday, and he's looking great. I'd share the picture, but that requires learning how to use my new scanner... :o)   Since we're inducing on Monday, April 9th, you'll see actual pictures very soon!

I'm going to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for her weekly {WiP} Wednesday feature. Go see what other crafty peeps are working on!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Love your Mod Mosaic blocks...so pretty! I've been wanting to try these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 1/2 more days to get everything done? Nae bother... ;o)

    Love the mosaics, and good luck with your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks, Melissa! I awarded you the Liebster Award on my blog.

    http://www.sunnyincal.com/2012/04/so-flattered.html

    Which is a way to let others know about blogs with less than 200 followers.

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?