Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{WiP} Wednesday ~ 29/52



I didn't finish a thing this week.

Not. A. Thing.

Not even the laundry.

I've got one quilt that I'm binding (have been for about a year, now!), and there is only about 18" left, but I just can't seem to sit down and finish it. Pphhhbbbbttt.

On a brighter note, I'm almost done with my black and white bee blocks for Shelley. I love her plan of having the tiles be a print, the grout be black, and have a splash of aqua and green in there. Fun!

Shelley's Mod Mosai...almost


I'm trying to figure out how to do the letters for Alison's blocks. There are some good tutorials out there, but I kinda want to make my own, you know? Always doing things the hard way. That's me. :)

I plan to get the fabric for a couple of things, including Mookie's summer quilt, this week since there's a sale at Crafty Laine, my LQS.

One thing I'll be getting fabric for is the Multi-tasker Tote class that Anna Maria Horner will be teaching to my guild on August 4th.

Yup, you read that right.

I am SO super excited!!  I want to scream it through my blog post!! :)  I can't wait! We're getting the patterns early, and I'm hoping to cut my fabric ahead of time so I can actually spend the day, you know, sewing. :)  But I have no idea what I'm going to use for it. I'm thinking I'll start simple and use a polka dot/solid combo, and then once I get the hang of it, I can get into some more complicated fabrics.  I can't wait, though! Hopefully next week I can show you what I've picked out. :)  Anna is also going to speak on Friday night, at a special "guild only" event. Yup. It pays to belong. (I really really hope she has a good time and loves Colorado!)

I've still got to work on my Project 10-4 stuff. (sigh) It's just sitting there.

And my Scattered Jewels blocks for Rachel for the {Faith} Circle of the do.Good. Stitches bee. Haven't even pulled fabric for it yet.

That's it. That's all I can think of. There is so much more, but it's kinda depressing to keep writing about what I'm not getting done. :)

I'm linking up with Lee's regular {WiP} Wednesday post, hosted by Colleen of Busy Bean this week.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. I love the way that blue looks against all the black and white - can't wait to see the rest of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, AMH, so excited for you, hope you have loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blocks too. So much so that I think I am going to steal her idea for my month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Anna Maria Horner??!! So jealous. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO Jealous about AMH! We never get anyone here and there are 3 MQG's in the SF area! Have fun! I am really digging' that B&W block!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?