Stick a Fork In It!
I finished the dadgum frustrating block from Friday's post. I said I was tempted to throw it out and start over...well, that's pretty much what I did! I salvaged as much of the original fabric as I could, but just started over. I like how it turned out, but I'm glad it's done! That's one thing about bees, they definitely yank you out of your comfort zone! No mercy! :) I love my bees, though. Here's a peek at the pile of
- The Harrison Quilts -- I used the Fruit Stripe binding to bind my solids challenge quilt. Last fall, I bought The Binding Tool, and this is the first chance I've had to use it. I watched the video a couple of times, and went confidently to the cutting table. I held the ruler just so, I marked where I was supposed to mark, I held my breath and cut. Much to my dismay, it was too short. I had at least 6 inches of extra binding, and I cut it too short. Mama was not happy! :) So I went to bed. I should know not to operate a rotary cutter after 11pm. The next morning I woke up and realized what my problem was, and what my solution was. Now I'm debating whether to finish the binding by machine or by hand.
- Christmas Cards -- I sent two out! Yay me!
- Bee Blocks -- No progress. I have my plan, I just need to execute it. Here are the lovely Hope Valley prints that Janice sent.
- Happy Quilt -- (aka Fruit Stripe Quilt). I'm moving this to the Back Burner.
- Unnamed Quilt -- I got the fabric cut for another baby quilt, and I'm excited to get started. And finished! I can't wait to see what it looks like. :) I think this can be done quickly (if I can stay off the computer!)
- Baby Gifts -- Hi, Kelly! :)
- Juice -- "Juice". That's what I've decided to name the little Chinese cabbage-sized human growing in my womb. "Juice" because that's pretty much all I could drink from mid-August till about mid-November. Yesterday I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was quite surprised by this.
Look how round that bump is! I am 28 weeks along, and everything is progressing normally. :)
On the Back Burner
- Fruit Stripe Quilt-- the colored fabric is all cut, now I just need to cut the background.
- Mod Mosaic Blocks -- not urgent. Yet.
- Puppet Theater Backdrop -- not urgent.
- MQG Showcase Quilt -- I just have to get some other stuff done first.
- Secret Projects -- one down, at least 8 more to go! :)
- Maternity Skirts -- still too cold.
- Quilt-alongs -- I think I'm going with the Swoon Quiltalong, and I'll do the wonky star quilt for myself some other time. I just think my uncle (and aunt!) will like the Swoon quilt more than a wonky star quilt. I'm also holding off on starting Amy's Craftsy Block of the Month one because, for the life of me, I can't figure out what fabric to use!
- Juice's Quilt -- eh, he won't know the difference for at least 3 years. :)
- T-shirt Quilts -- no change.
- Sprout's Goodnight Moon Quilt -- gotta get other stuff done first!
Other than that, hahaha, I think it should be a quiet week around here.
I hope you have a great, and crafty week!
(I linked up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Check out the other WiPs out there. Intimidating and inspirational all at the same time!)