Saturday, January 16, 2010

'Fess Up Fridays - Beat The Babies (Wk 2)

Doggone it, this week went fast!  For you, too? Did you get much accomplished? I made some Christmas thank you cards for Mookie to send out. Come to think of it, I'm pretty good at making Christmas cards when I've got sewing to do! :o)

As for beating the babies, I learned a bit of disturbing exciting news -- my best friend, Angela, is having her baby shower on January 31st! Since we live about 1200 miles apart, I'm not going to be able to make it (though I so desperately wish I could! It kills me that we're not together for her first pregnancy!)...but I'm hoping that some of my handiwork will make it to the shower. :o)

Before I learned that, however, I went ahead and washed and ironed all the fabric for the wonky crooked lumpy cabin idea. And by "ironed", I mean cursed at the deep, deep creases that seem to have taken up permanent residence in the fabrics after washing. It irritates me. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or buy a new iron, one of the two! :o)  I've got some more black-and-white strips from another quilter who was giving them away on her blog, so they're not included here, but below is the photo of the fabrics I purchased for this quilt.


I'm really hoping all of the oranges go together well and don't totally clash when I'm finished!  The only one I'm really worried about is that light one next to the black/white (that looks like wallpaper). I think the others will be fine.  What do you think? (hint: leave comment below)

On that note, though, I've kinda-sorta-semi-quasi-pseudo decided to do a "quilt-along" with Randi at i have to say. I'm going to have to deviate, though, and go off-the-grid and make my own pattern, so I won't be 100% along with her, but I'm sure I can learn a ton, and boy, do I need to learn a ton!

So, anyways, once I learned that I've got to work a bit quicker to beat the baby, I decided to shift my focus to the gifts I can actually, you know, complete and send to Ang at the shower. :o)

I'm going to have to do a teeny bit of flannel shopping this weekend (Danger, danger!), and I hope to find some really fun, gender-neutral, bright flannels.

But before I can do that, I need to start on the Diamond-Eye/Minkee stroller blanket. Which I hope to start tonight. Which requires that I finish this post. And then clean off the dining room/craft table to make room to cut my fabrics. And not give in to the tired that seems to be taking over my body at the moment!

Hopefully by next week, I'll have quite a bit more to show you!

Hope you have a great, productive, and crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you sewing?