So I decided to keep up 'Fess Up Fridays. And since I need a
And by "beat the babies" you know that I mean that I have to complete the project before the baby recipient gets borned, right? Okay, good. I didn't want anyone reporting me for baby abuse.
In my little world, I know of 4 babies getting borned sometime between now and June. Two boys, one girl (mine!), and one yet-to-be-revealed (dangit).
The first baby is due to my bestest friend, Angela, in early March. They're the
And, for the record, this is the baby whose gifts are going to be the most complex. Mostly because I'm probably going to be more generous with these babies than with (at least) two of the other babies. So, for now at least, I'm going to concentrate on beating Angela's baby.
Here's the list of desired gifts, not necessarily in baby-beating order: (Angela, you don't read my blog, right?) :o)
- Crib quilt made with variety of fabrics, the focal point to be Katie Jump Rope Dots in Geranium.
- At least one, hopefully more, receiving blankets made of soft and snuggly flannel.
- Sweet burp cloths made with flannel to match the receiving blankets. (I much prefer the Gerber Premium Prefold Diapers for this.) (I only needed to make that mistake once!)
- A snuggle blanket* with satin on one side and something like velour on the other. (It could be anywhere from 12" square to 36" square, depending on what I find) (Mookie absolutely adores her two like this)
- A stroller blanket with red minkee on one side, and the Alexander Henry Diamond Eye on the other.
The good news is that I finally got the book with the pattern I want to use for the crib quilt. Angela is not as, hmmm...shall we say, symmetrical as I am. It's not that she's funky in an artsy-fartsy kind of way, it's just that she doesn't feel the need for everything to be as
And, me? Making something "funky" or "wonky" or "crooked"? Is going to S-T-R-E-T-C-H me to the outer bounds of my comfort zone, and probably take me far, far away into a galaxy of discomfort the likes of which I have never seen.
But I am committed.
Or I will be committed after this project is done, one of the two! To the Funny Farm! :o)
And, so, hopefully, by next Friday, I will have made some progress, and can show you my handiwork! Hopefully!!
So, now it's your turn to 'fess up...what are you working on? Any