Monday, January 2, 2012

The Truth Project: Day 1

Day 1 of my Truth Project went well yesterday. 365 more days to go, right? :)

To be fair, we went to church and came straight home. I didn't have a chance to spend any money (other than on the Internet, of course!)

Which is a good thing since I discovered (truth) that I have $3.72 in my regular checking account. Shocking, I know! :)  I have cash in my wallet, and money in other places, and money from Christmas, but as far as my daily disposable account...it's slim. And the next time my funds get an injection? January 9th. This should be a challenging week! And nutritionally creative, I'm sure. :)

Onto crafty things...

We sponsor a cadet at the US Air Force Academy, and a long time ago, she mentioned wanting to buy a rosary bag, to keep her rosary safe. Well, I decided yesterday, or the day before, to make her one for Christmas -- and put a gift card inside, of course...can't give an empty pouch, now can I?  So yesterday I started searching for tutorials to make a sewn rosary bag. Umm...they don't exist. :-/  So I somehow figured out the sorta/kinda measurements, and cut some fabric. Then I decided that I wanted to jazz it up a bit, so I searched for something meaningful, and found the labarum, or Chi-Rho.  It looked simple enough for me to hand embroider (poorly), and I'm still working on it... (I know the Chi isn't finished, so it looks a bit silly right now.)  :)



My plan (haha) was to take my time and finish it up in the next few days, then mail it to her because cadets don't get much fun mail.

But...about 9:00 this morning, I got a call from her asking if I could pick her up from the airport. Tonight. (Her flight was delayed and she'd miss the shuttle). Of course I said "Yes", because that's what sponsors do, but I realized I need to put my embroidery and sewing skills on hyper drive to get this done for her tonight! It's not a difficult project by any means, it's just that I have limited sewing time during the day.

And the weather is GORGEOUS today, so I was planning on taking the girls to the park for a picnic.

Picnics in the park are more important than late Christmas gifts. :)

So, there's my truth for the day. I'll post pictures of the posted rosary bag when I finish. It's not going to be fancy, but it'll be done. And heck, I might just write a tutorial in case anyone else in the crafting world wants to make one. :)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. 3 minute noodles for dinner then? :oD Good luck with your rosary bag, and have fun at your picnic :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rosary bag!! What a wonderful, thoughtful idea!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?