This hasn't been the greatest week for me - emotionally, physically, creatively...so I don't have much to show for my very limited efforts. I wish I did, but I think the about the only WiP I made any progress on is Juice. He's growing and healthy and active and that's all good, it's just that pretty much every other element in my life has taken a hit this week.
That's not entirely true. We celebrated our first birthday as the Front Range MQG on Saturday, so there was a lot that went into the preparations for the wonderful meeting, and then it's a whole day (we have a meeting in the morning, then a sew in the afternoon), and I think I just over did it. Last week was a busy week anyways, then the meet-and-sew on Saturday, and then Sunday I was tired, and Monday I was tired (and my fibroid was overactive) and Tuesday I was tired (and my fibroid was active), and all of that just doesn't make for much time to sew!!
I can show you this, though. Oh, wait. I was going to show you pictures of the swaddling blankets and burp cloths I made for Kelly, but I just realized that I sent them without taking any pictures! I'm a dork! I was so focused on keeping them a secret that I am keeping them a total secret! Doh!
Eh, you've all seen flannel swaddling blankets and burp cloths. I was just kind of excited to be able to show you a FINISH!!! :o) Thank you, by the way, to all of you that said the "lettuce edge" (i.e., wavy edge) to the blankets was attractive and not an unhappy accident. I appreciate it!
One thing (not sewing related, though), that I did accomplish this week was making Valentine's for my oldest daughter's preschool class. They were very specific that we couldn't bring anything edible since some kids have allergies, so I went with the oh-so-popular-on-Pinterest heart-shaped crayon idea. (I used the tutorial from Chef Messy, but there are tons out there.)
Here's a picture of the girls watching the crayons melt. They, of course, did not stick around for the entire process.
Here are the crayons after they came out of the oven:
Here is Mookie writing each one. All. By. Herself. Holy shemozzle, my blood pressure was sky-high during this! I know how to clean Sharpie off, that's not what was stressful, it was the whole process of her writing...the...capital...T...then...writing...the...lowercase...o...
Oy! Girlfriend was proud of herself, though, and that's more important, I know. :)
And here's a picture of Miss Proud-of-Herself with a finished Valentine:
So, yeah. There's a finish for the week! And, believe you me, it took nearly all week!!
Here's what's on the menu for this week, though:
- The Harrison Quilts ~ even more progress, though not finished.
- Christmas Cards ~ no progress. I think I might just put these away and call it a failure.
- Bee Blocks ~ Back to 9. Being in 4 bees kinda stinks right about now. :)
- Seaglass Quilt ~ I'm making some VERY slow progress on the back. I keep wanting to work on it, but bedtime keeps happening. Or dinner needs to be made. It'll happen, I know it will. I was very disappointed to not be able to show it on Saturday at our meeting since I fully expect to be finished with it and it be gone by the next meeting, but that's what Flickr is for, right? :)
Here. Here's a picture of a print out of a picture of the back that I need to work on:
(it's purposely a crappy photo because I want to keep it a secret) :o)
- Baby Gifts ~ making progress! Some gifts done (Kelly received her receiving blankets last week! Yay!). I was down to 12 friends pregnant, but then another friend made known how fruitful her uterus is, so we're back to 13. It is IN the water, folks.
- Juice ~ daily progress. I'm getting larger and more uncomfortable every day. I'm not very excited about the fact that he's taking my breath away, and he's not even born yet!
- Mod Mosaic Quilt ~ I haven't done anything on it this week, but the FRMQG retreat is coming up, and I plan to Mod Mosaic my way through that weekend.
- Fruit Strip Quilt ~ stalled.
- Mod Mosaic Blocks ~ stalled.
- Puppet Theater Backdrop ~ stalled. The girls think it's superfab without it, so why bother?
- MQG Showcase Quilt ~ stalled...and I'm not actually sure it's going to go anywhere. Which is a real disappointment because I really wanted to do it and submit it for the MQG showcase, but I just don't know how realistic it is to finish it by March 2nd without completely abandoning all my other responsibilities and commitments.
- Secret Projects ~ stalled, sigh, 8 still to go.
- Maternity Skirts ~ I'm taking these off. There's no point in even thinking about making them.
- Quilt-alongs ~ stalled, but I had a great conversation with some of the gals coming to the FRMQG retreat, and we're going to have our own little Shhhhwoon-Along at the retreat. Yay!
- Juice's Quilt ~ stalled.
- T-Shirt Quilts ~ stalled. Since I'm doing this with/for other people, I'm waiting on them to make it urgent.
- Sprout's Goodnight Moon Quilt ~ stalled, her birthday is in May, so maybe I'll finish it then.
I've also kinda tried to stay away from the computer this last week, trying to spend my upright-and-on-a-machine time to the sewing machine, so if you left me a comment last week, I apologize for not responding! I totally meant to! :-( I love that you commented! Rilly, I do!
I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for her regular WiP Wednesday feature. Check out what other people have accomplished this week!