Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{WiP} Wednesday ~ 7/52

I feel like Alexander the Great trying to solve the riddle of the Gordian Knot!

The back of my Sea Glass quilt has been quite perplexing and puzzling and brain-draining. It's finished now, but I still can't show you a picture. :-/  It took as much of my energy as I expected it to, but since it looks exactly how I wanted it to, the fact that it nearly destroyed my last 3 brain cells is okay. :o)

I basted it, with a little help, yesterday. When I got out the roll of batting, Sprout immediately started rolling back and forth on it. She had SO much fun!

Helping Mama


Now my dilemma is how to quilt it! I had the perfect idea in my head all along, and then, lo and behold, Alissa's new book Modern Minimal landed on my doorstep, and she inspired me to quilt it a different way! Shoot! Now I have to make a decision!! :o)  One way is all horizontal, but not tightly quilted (every 2-3" maybe?), and the other way has horizontal and vertical quilting. Both go with the quilt design, and I think the first one would be easier, but I just don't know if it's better, since there isn't any vertical quilting. I'd hate for this thing to fall apart after a few years of love!

And I'm super excited about the binding. I chose this, which I love!  It's Maude Asbury's Ovals in Cool.

It's just dreamy. The hand, the colors, the design. If you haven't petted this, yet, you totally should. If I could move past my infatuation with the fabric, I might consider using it to actually decorate the baby's room with it!! :o)  And that's saying a lot because I'm not much of a decorator!

Our Front Range MQG Retreat is this weekend, and I'm planning on getting it bound and finished while I'm there. I've only got about 18 projects that I hope to get done over the weekend.

Here are the other things I'm planning on doing at the retreat:
  1. Sleep.
  2. Finish the Harrison Quilts
  3. Complete all 10 of my bee blocks for February, and start on March, if I can.
  4. Sleep.
  5. Make some Mod Mosaic blocks for myself.
  6. Not clean up after myself, or anyone else all weekend.
  7. Make some serious progress on the Swoon quilt for my uncle. I need to get my pieces cut before I go so I don't waste all my time at the retreat cutting, but I'm not quite sure when that will happen. :o)
  8. Eat really yummy food I didn't have to make.
  9. Maybe make a pin cushion for our FRMQG swap for March. There are some darling pin cushions out there!
  10. Sleep some more.
I think that's enough for that list, don't you? :o)

And, hopefully, next week, I'll be able to show you some pictures of things I actually made! I mean, I guess we can say I made Sprout, up there, and she's pretty darn cute, and she is definitely  a "work in progress" (amen?), but you know what I mean. :o)

I hope you have a great week! Now go over to Lee's and check out what other people have accomplished and are working on this week!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


5 comments:

  1. Ha! She looks *SO* happy rolling around on the batting! I can't wait to see this Sea Glass quilt. Have fun at the retreat--I hope you at least get #'s 1, 4, 6, 8, & 10 done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, Sprout's new toy! Have a fab time at the retreat, hope you achieve all you want to :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO cute! Remember, your #1 goal on your list this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little helper is adorable :) have fun on your retreat - I love your to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute picture!!
    As for sleeping this weekend, I am jumping up and down on the inside(don't want to rub it in my husband's face) that I will get to sleep-in for 2 days in a row!! That's almost worth the price of the retreat in itself, ha!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?